This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.2358 / 51°14'9"N
Longitude: -0.5716 / 0°34'17"W
OS Eastings: 499819
OS Northings: 149486
OS Grid: SU998494
Mapcode National: GBR FCK.DB7
Mapcode Global: VHFVN.16PG
Entry Name: 146, High Street
Listing Date: 1 May 1953
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1029256
English Heritage Legacy ID: 288966
Location: Guildford, Surrey, GU1
District Council Ward: Holy Trinity
Built-Up Area: Guildford
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Surrey
Church of England Parish: Guildford Holy Trinity and St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Guildford
SU 9949SE GUILDFORD HIGH STREET
8/102 No. 146
House, now offices. Late C16. Timber framed, clad to front in C20 brick with
stone dressings over stone ground floor, renewed concrete tile roofs above,obscured
by parapet. Two storeys with stack to rear. Three bays with central round-arched
24-pane glazing-bar sash window in stone bolection surround, two narrow 18-pane
glazing-bar sashes flanking. C20 plate glass ground floor windows with doors to
centre. Right hand return front (facing Milkhouse Gate):- painted brick infill to
painted timber frame. C19 and C20 extensions to rear.
Listing NGR: SU9981949485
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings