This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.2365 / 51°14'11"N
Longitude: -0.5696 / 0°34'10"W
OS Eastings: 499955
OS Northings: 149562
OS Grid: SU999495
Mapcode National: GBR FCK.DTC
Mapcode Global: VHFVN.25QY
Entry Name: 190, 192 and 194, High Street
Listing Date: 1 May 1953
Last Amended: 15 March 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1029263
English Heritage Legacy ID: 288976
Location: Guildford, Surrey, GU1
District Council Ward: Holy Trinity
Built-Up Area: Guildford
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Surrey
Church of England Parish: Guildford Holy Trinity and St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Guildford
SU 9949NE GUILDFORD HIGH STREET
5/110 Nos. 190, 192 and
as No. 192)
House, now shop and offices.
Early C18 on older core, with roof raised in later C18 and
refronted. Red brick front under plain-tiled, hipped, parallel range roofs. Two
storeys and attics with plat band and moulded brick cornice to eaves, stone-coped
parapet above. Stacks to left and right. Four bays with 4 leaded, 2-light case-
ment windows in attic storey under gauged brick heads. Four plate glass sash
windows on the first floor in open sash boxes and under gauged brick heads. Two
plate glass shop fronts below with panelled door in deep recess to centre of ground
floor. Gable end range to right with one window on each floor.
Listing NGR: SU9995549562
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings