This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.2365 / 51°14'11"N
Longitude: -0.5784 / 0°34'42"W
OS Eastings: 499342
OS Northings: 149554
OS Grid: SU993495
Mapcode National: GBR FCJ.JKP
Mapcode Global: VHFVM.X5LX
Entry Name: Onslow Bridge
Listing Date: 15 March 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1029298
English Heritage Legacy ID: 288864
Location: Guildford, Surrey, GU1
District Council Ward: Friary and St Nicolas
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Surrey
Church of England Parish: Guildford St Saviour
Church of England Diocese: Guildford
SU 94NE GUILDFORD BRIDGE STREET
3/3 Onslow Bridge
Bridge. Opened in 1852, for William Hillier, 4th Earl of Onslow. Cast iron on
brick and stone abutments. Flat single-span bridge with pierced lattice pattern
girders below. Panelled parapet balustrades with pierced quatrefoils and
guilloche band below, floral bosses across top and bottom. Panelled end newels
with curved tapering bases to end lanterns decorated with rams heads. Globe
lanterns above. Memorial plaques on the balustrade record:- "Opened in July 1852
by Florence, Countess of Onslow" and "Erected by William Hillier, 4th Earl of
Onslow, High Steward of Guildford".
Listing NGR: SU9934249554
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings