This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.2536 / 51°15'13"N
Longitude: -0.5044 / 0°30'15"W
OS Eastings: 504469
OS Northings: 151556
OS Grid: TQ044515
Mapcode National: GBR GDR.C9L
Mapcode Global: VHFVH.6RPB
Entry Name: Clandon Church of England First School
Listing Date: 25 November 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1029359
English Heritage Legacy ID: 288801
Location: West Clandon, Guildford, Surrey, GU4
Civil Parish: West Clandon
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Surrey
Church of England Parish: West Clandon
Church of England Diocese: Guildford
TQ 05SW WEST CLANDON C.P. THE STREET
4/220 Clandon Church of
England First School
School. 1871 by John C. Boys. Polychrome brick, mainly red, on yellow brick plinth
with black-header diapering, stone and grey brick dressings to windows; plain tiled
roofs with bands of fishscale tiling and cresting to ridge. Two storeys; 3 gabled
bays facing the street with pierced, wavy edged bargeboards and sphere decorated,
pendant finials. Ridge stack to right and tall, rendered stack to right of centre.
Gables set back to right of centre and to right end, largest gable to left. One
large 4-light casement window to left with arched lights, one window on each floor,
one 2-light and one 3-light window to central gable, one first floor window to right
hand gable. All windows in chamfered surrounds. Door to left with strapwork hinges
and pointed surround under pentice porch in re-entrant angle with wing set back to
left. One 3-light arched casement window to left end. Further door to right in
multiple moulded surround.
Listing NGR: TQ0446951556
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings