This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.2664 / 51°15'58"N
Longitude: -0.6602 / 0°39'36"W
OS Eastings: 493572
OS Northings: 152763
OS Grid: SU935527
Mapcode National: GBR FC1.FX9
Mapcode Global: VHFVD.HFVK
Entry Name: Henley Park
Listing Date: 14 June 1967
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1029658
English Heritage Legacy ID: 288089
Location: Normandy, Guildford, Surrey, GU3
Civil Parish: Normandy
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Surrey
Church of England Parish: Wyke
Church of England Diocese: Guildford
SU 95 SW NORMANDY C.P. PIRBRIGHT ROAD
4/28 Henley Park
Country house. 1751 rebuilding of older house for Mr Solomon Dayrolles,
extended in 1784 for Henry Halsey and south wing added in mid C19.
Red brick with plain tiled roofs partly obscured by stone coped
parapets. Half H plan, symmetrical front with projecting, gabled, end
wings. Two storeys with attics in gables and central pediment.
Quadruple stacks on panelled plinths across ridge to left, double
stack to right of centre, further quadruple stack to right; further
stacks to rear and on right hand wing. Plat bands over ground and
first floors, 7 bay recessed centre with 1 bay wings to ends. 15-
pane glazing bar sash windows to first floor right, 12-pane windows
across remainder of first floor, all under gauged brick heads. 12-
Pane glazing bar sash window to ground floor left, remainder, 15-pane,
across the ground floor. Central portico with hipped glazed roof.
Tuscan angle columns and pilasters with double panel doors under a
Right hand return front: "Venetian" style ground floor window, hipped
roof wing set back to right. Left hand return front: pedimented
bay to front range, later copy to left. Rear: Central two storeyed
bow bay, lower wing projecting to left.
The old estate was one of eight Royal parks belonging to the Crown
in Surrey and in the later C19 the house was closely connected with
the Royal Family.
House now near derelict at time of re-survey.
PEVSNER: Buildings of England, Surrey 1971
V.C.H. Vol. III p.341.
Listing NGR: SU9357252763
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings