This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.3181 / 51°19'5"N
Longitude: -0.7446 / 0°44'40"W
OS Eastings: 487583
OS Northings: 158411
OS Grid: SU875584
Mapcode National: GBR D90.BK1
Mapcode Global: VHDXQ.14QD
Entry Name: Frimley Park Mansion
Listing Date: 19 July 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1030070
English Heritage Legacy ID: 287082
Location: Surrey Heath, Surrey, GU16
District: Surrey Heath
Town: Surrey Heath
District Council Ward: Frimley
Built-Up Area: Frimley
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Surrey
Church of England Parish: Frimley
Church of England Diocese: Guildford
SU 85NE CAMBERLEY & FRIMLEY FORMER U.D. FRIMLEY ROAD
7/13 Frimley Park Mansion
Country house, now Army Cadet training centre. 1760 with C20 extensions to street
front (west). For Sir Henry Tichbourne. Whitewashed stucco with hipped slate
roofs. Two storeys and attics, under 4 flat roof dormers on entrance front, 3
storeys on right hand return front (south) former entrance front of 1760. Plinth
below, plat band over ground floor, cornice over first floor to base of balustrade
and parapet on entrance front (west), with rendered multiple stacks to left end,
and right of centre. Entrance front (west). Regular with 4 bay recessed centre
and angle bays rising through two storeys to ends with channeled rustication to
corners. Glazing bar sash windows throughout with doubled casement doors to angle
bays; wrought iron balconies across first floor. Doubled panelled doors to
right of centre under pedimented Doric porch. Two bays set back to left end
with blocked windows. Right hand return front (south): Former entrance front
7 bay front with central three bays in the shallow pedimented block. Glazing
bar sash windows with central first floor venetian style window in arched recessed
panel. Central blind arch above in pediment enclosing swag. Flat hood Doric
frontispiece to centre of ground floor.
Interior:- Reputedly some C18 fragments surviving. Also late C17 staircase
from previous house and Jacobean panelling. Interior not inspected.
Latrobe is known to have worked at the house in c1780.
PEVSNER: Buildings of England, Surrey (1971) p.248
Listing NGR: SU8758358411
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings