This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.3336 / 52°20'0"N
Longitude: 1.3901 / 1°23'24"E
OS Eastings: 631070
OS Northings: 276019
OS Grid: TM310760
Mapcode National: GBR WMC.Q86
Mapcode Global: VHM71.1LRY
Entry Name: Linstead Farmhouse
Listing Date: 25 October 1951
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1030437
English Heritage Legacy ID: 286120
Location: Linstead Magna, Suffolk Coastal, Suffolk, IP19
District: Suffolk Coastal
Civil Parish: Linstead Magna
Traditional County: Suffolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Suffolk
Church of England Parish: Linstead Parva St Margaret of Antioch
Church of England Diocese: St.Edmundsbury and Ipswich
TM 37 NW LINSTEAD MAGNA
2/101 Linstead Farmhouse
Farmhouse. A large and complex house, principally of C16 and C17, in 3 or
more phases; extensively restored c.1935. The earlier part comprises a main
range with a slightly projecting cross wing to the right hand side; to the
right of the cross wing but set further back is a later, slightly taller
range. Timber framed, mainly plastered, with exposed framing to the cross
wing above the ground floor; plaintiled roof except rear slope of later range
which is pantiled. 2 storeys with attics to later range. Various windows,
mostly of C19 and C20; the left hand range has mullioned windows at first
floor level, apparently original, and there are further original mullioned
windows to the rear of the right hand range. C20 plank door in cross wing.
The left hand range has a heavy inserted stack set forward of the roof ridge,
with a small circular axial stack behind it; further stacks at the gable ends.
The interior has some good exposed timbering but has been considerably
modernised; there are some roll-moulded joists, said to have been brought from
the parish church (now demolished) in the 1930's. The later range retains its
Listing NGR: TM3107076019
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings