This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.2205 / 52°13'13"N
Longitude: 1.2656 / 1°15'56"E
OS Eastings: 623156
OS Northings: 263056
OS Grid: TM231630
Mapcode National: GBR VM7.NT4
Mapcode Global: VHLB2.WGG4
Entry Name: Building 15 Metres East North East of Merlin House
Listing Date: 19 November 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1030576
English Heritage Legacy ID: 285820
Location: Earl Soham, Suffolk Coastal, Suffolk, IP13
District: Suffolk Coastal
Civil Parish: Earl Soham
Traditional County: Suffolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Suffolk
Church of England Parish: Earl Soham St Mary
Church of England Diocese: St.Edmundsbury and Ipswich
TM 26 SW EARL SOHAM LITTLE GREEN
8/48 Building 15m.
- east north east
of Merlin House
Former Baptist chapel, later village hall, now a builder's
workshop. 1821. Timber framed and weatherboarded, formerly
tarred; hipped slated roof with plastered eaves. Single storey.
3 bays x 2 bays: cross windows with hinged boarded shutters; to
the south a 6-panel raised and fielded door. The 2 main doorways
were to the north, now obscured by a later brick addition.
Plastered interior with traces of former gallery at south end.
Replaced by a brick-built chapel in Low Road in 1859. An unusual
local example of a weatherboarded chapel.
Listing NGR: TM2315663056
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings