History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

White House Farmhouse

A Grade II Listed Building in Burgh, Suffolk

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.1191 / 52°7'8"N

Longitude: 1.2822 / 1°16'55"E

OS Eastings: 624798

OS Northings: 251832

OS Grid: TM247518

Mapcode National: GBR VNM.10N

Mapcode Global: VHLBH.5ZPX

Entry Name: White House Farmhouse

Listing Date: 11 June 1993

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1030702

English Heritage Legacy ID: 285516

Location: Burgh, Suffolk Coastal, Suffolk, IP13

County: Suffolk

District: Suffolk Coastal

Civil Parish: Burgh

Traditional County: Suffolk

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Suffolk

Church of England Parish: Burgh St Botolph

Church of England Diocese: St.Edmundsbury and Ipswich

Find accommodation in
Debach

Listing Text

The following building shall be added to the list:-
BURGH
TM 25 SW
2/10002 White House Farmhouse

II
Farmhouse. Circa 1840, extended circa 1860 Flemish bond gault brick at front, red brick rear
wing. Slate hipped roof at front with lead rolls to hips and ridge and with deep eaves and gable-
ended plain tile roof to rear wing. Brick axial and lateral stacks. Plan: 2-room plan front range
with central entrance and stair hall and single storey outshut behind left room. In circa 1860 a
large wing was added at rear right facing the garden on the right (E) side. Exterior 2 storeys
symmetrical 3-bay S front. Tall 2-light casements with margin panes and flat rubbed brick
arches; central doorway with rubbed brick round arch; semi-circular fanlight with radiating
glazing bars and 6-panel door. Similar windows on right (E) end. To right E front of rear wing
has lateral stack between 2 gables, 2-light sashes in chamfered brick openings with labels, similar
opening to central doorway with panelled door. Similar windows in rear (W) wall of rear wing
facing farmyard and with single storey outshut on right behind front range. Interior: Very intact
and complete with most of its C19 features and joinery including chimneypieces with iron
grates, ground floor left flanked by china cupboards with shaped shelves, pilasters and arches;
stick-baluster staircase with column newels mahogany handrail, panelled doors; kitchen with
range and boiler.


Listing NGR: TM2479851832

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.