This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.071 / 52°4'15"N
Longitude: 1.4594 / 1°27'33"E
OS Eastings: 637178
OS Northings: 247052
OS Grid: TM371470
Mapcode National: GBR XS2.3RR
Mapcode Global: VHM8F.76VP
Entry Name: Matron's, Mary Warner Almshouses, and Garden
Listing Date: 16 March 1966
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1030741
English Heritage Legacy ID: 285399
Location: Boyton, Suffolk Coastal, Suffolk, IP12
District: Suffolk Coastal
Civil Parish: Boyton
Traditional County: Suffolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Suffolk
Church of England Parish: Boyton St Andrew
Church of England Diocese: St.Edmundsbury and Ipswich
BOYTON (Off) THE STREET
TM 34 NE
7/36 Matron's, Mary Warner
16/3/66 Almshouses, and
Warden's cottage. c.1860. Red Flemish bond brick with a plain tile roof.
Single-storey dwelling of L-shaped plan. South front: central projecting
gabled porchway with round arch and kneelers to the shallow gablet, which
has a cross of fired bricks. To either side are 3-light cambered-headed
windows. Ridge chimney-stacks to right of centre and slightly to left.
Left hand gable end has brick kneelers and a coping of moulded brick with a
ground floor window of 2-lights. Projecting gabled wing to rear at left
with pantile roof and C20 outshut. Connected to the front of the cottage
and extending to form a rectangular walled garden is a brick wall of c.2-3
feet in height of Flemish bond which joins with the higher walling at the
rear of the almshouses. Included for group value.
Listing NGR: TM3717847052
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings