History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Old Rectory

A Grade II Listed Building in Bredfield, Suffolk

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.1278 / 52°7'40"N

Longitude: 1.3119 / 1°18'42"E

OS Eastings: 626786

OS Northings: 252893

OS Grid: TM267528

Mapcode National: GBR WPS.GJC

Mapcode Global: VHLBH.PSD6

Entry Name: The Old Rectory

Listing Date: 16 March 1966

Last Amended: 31 August 1988

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1030746

English Heritage Legacy ID: 285410

Location: Bredfield, Suffolk Coastal, Suffolk, IP13

County: Suffolk

District: Suffolk Coastal

Civil Parish: Bredfield

Traditional County: Suffolk

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Suffolk

Church of England Parish: Bredfield St Andrew

Church of England Diocese: St.Edmundsbury and Ipswich

Find accommodation in
Debach

Listing Text

BREDFIELD THE STREET
TM 25 SE
(West side)
3/46 The Old Rectory
16/3/66 (formerly listed as
The Rectory)
GV II
Former rectory, now house. 1835-37. By Bilney of Melton (builders) for
the Revd George Crabbe. White Flemish bond brick with a slate roof. Two
storeys. Garden front: 6 bays having 2 projecting bays at left with French
windows to the ground floor of 2 x 4 panes with moulded lintels (as have
all the openings on this front). Blank recessed panels below the first
floor windows which are of two casement lights. To right of this is a
recessed portion which has a canted bay window at far right running across
two bays. This has to its front two sets of French windows devided by a
mullion, each having 2x4 panes. Windows to the angles of 1 x 4 panes. To
left of this at ground floor level are 2 further sets of French windows of
similar format. Blank panels above these and four 2-light casement windows
at first floor level. To the hipped roof are 2 chimney stacks at right,
each with 3 pots and one to the far left. The left hand side has two 2-
light casements to the ground and first floors with panels between the
floors. Right hand (entrance) front: doorway at right with panelled pairs
of pilasters to either side of the 1/2-glazed door and having an entablature
above. Two-light casement above this at first floor level with moulded
lintel. Recessed and at right of this is an added service wing with
projecting bay at right of the ground floor and 6-panel doorway to right of
this with a 3-light casement at left and a 2-light casement with moulded
lintel at far left. Two first-floor windows with moulded lintels above
this.


Listing NGR: TM2678652893

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.