This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.3788 / 52°22'43"N
Longitude: 0.7454 / 0°44'43"E
OS Eastings: 586961
OS Northings: 279184
OS Grid: TL869791
Mapcode National: GBR RDM.WSW
Mapcode Global: VHKCK.VGXS
Entry Name: Blacksmith House
Listing Date: 12 April 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1031276
English Heritage Legacy ID: 284125
Location: Barnham, St. Edmundsbury, Suffolk, IP24
District: St. Edmundsbury
Civil Parish: Barnham
Traditional County: Suffolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Suffolk
Church of England Parish: Barnham St Gregory
Church of England Diocese: St.Edmundsbury and Ipswich
TL 87 NE BARNHAM BLACKSMITH LANE
4/4 Blacksmith House
House. Circa 1600. 2 storeys. Timber-framed and plastered with
thatched roof, half-hipped at both ends. An internal chimney-
stack with saw-tooth shaft in white brick, topped with red. 2 3-
light small-paned casement windows to each storey, irregularly
spaced. 4 bays: now a 3-cell lobby-entrance form, but the
chimney-stack cuts into the ceiling of the middle room, and
appears to be secondary. The ceiling has exposed main beam and
joists, all chamfered, with scroll stops. The roof has short
bays with cambered collars and clasped purlins: no windbraces.
The hip rafters are of coppice-wood, and appear later in date. A
little single-storey C19 extension on the north, in flint and red
brick with a black-glazed pantiled roof.
Listing NGR: TL8696179184
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings