This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.2755 / 52°16'31"N
Longitude: 0.6914 / 0°41'28"E
OS Eastings: 583713
OS Northings: 267558
OS Grid: TL837675
Mapcode National: GBR QDL.7MB
Mapcode Global: VHJGN.X2WG
Entry Name: 7, the Green
Listing Date: 14 July 1955
Last Amended: 28 March 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1031299
English Heritage Legacy ID: 284072
Location: Fornham All Saints, St. Edmundsbury, Suffolk, IP28
District: St. Edmundsbury
Civil Parish: Fornham All Saints
Traditional County: Suffolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Suffolk
Church of England Parish: Fornham
Church of England Diocese: St.Edmundsbury and Ipswich
TL 8467-8567 FORNHAM ALL SAINTS THE GREEN (WEST SIDE)
3/8 No.7 (formerly listed as
14.7.55 Nos. 7,8,9 & 10)
A row of 5 cottages, now one house. Late C17. T-shaped form. One storey and
attics. Mainly timber-framed and rendered, with thatched roof; a small C19
colour-washed brick extension at the north end, jettied out in timber on the
upper floor, and an C18 rubble flint and red brick addition at the rear with a
tiled mansard roof. 3 chimney-stacks, all with plain red brick shafts. 6
small 2-light casement windows with cross-bars to lights: most of these are
careful copies of the former early C19 windows. 3 eyebrow dormers with 2-
light casements. Mid C20 plank door with wrought ironwork. Exposed timbering
inside: one ground storey ceiling with deep main beam and joists on edge.
Said to have been built by the parish as town houses.
Listing NGR: TL8371367558
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings