This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.3354 / 52°20'7"N
Longitude: -1.1749 / 1°10'29"W
OS Eastings: 456316
OS Northings: 271137
OS Grid: SP563711
Mapcode National: GBR 8R2.HRZ
Mapcode Global: VHCTZ.LK7H
Entry Name: Church of St Faith
Listing Date: 18 January 1968
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1031370
English Heritage Legacy ID: 361052
Location: Kilsby, Daventry, Northamptonshire, CV23
Civil Parish: Kilsby
Traditional County: Northamptonshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northamptonshire
Church of England Parish: Kilsby St Faith
Church of England Diocese: Peterborough
KILSBY CHURCH WALK
14/159 Church of St. Faith
Church. C13, restored 1868-9 by E. Christian and again in 1895. Uncoursed
limestone and ironstone rubble, tower partly squared coursed sandstone, lead and
tile roofs. Chancel with north chapel, aisled nave, south porch, west tower. C14
three-light window to chancel, tracery renewed C19. Perpendicular 2-light window
with flat arched head and panel tracery to north chapel. Similar window in south
wall of chancel and a C13 priests doorway with 2-light window of the same date
to left of it. C19 window to south aisle. C19 south porch. Inner doorway C13
with single chamfered arch and C19 plank door. C13 tower of 3 stages with
crenellated parapet, gargoyle water spouts and octagonal spire. The west doorway
has a single chamfered arch and lancet window above. Bell openings of 2 cusped
lights with C19 tracery. Part of jamb and arch of blocked doorway in right bay
of north aisle. Perpendicular 3-light window with square head in left bay and
C19 window in the centre. The east window of the north aisle is probably C13 but
the head is blocked by a wood lintel. Interior: 4-bay nave arcades with
octagonal piers and double-chamfered arches. North chapel has Perpendicular
4-centred arch opening to north aisle. C19 roofs. Box pews. Stained glass in
east window, 1869, by Powell and Sons, with the Crucifixion by Doyle.
(Buildings of England: Northamptonshire, p.276).
Listing NGR: SP5631671137
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings