This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.4929 / 51°29'34"N
Longitude: -0.1937 / 0°11'37"W
OS Eastings: 525495
OS Northings: 178650
OS Grid: TQ254786
Mapcode National: GBR 0M.Q0
Mapcode Global: VHGQY.LQGX
Entry Name: Prince of Teck Public House
Listing Date: 21 October 1997
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1031501
English Heritage Legacy ID: 468900
Location: Kensington and Chelsea, London, SW5
District: Kensington and Chelsea
London Borough Ward: Earl's Court
Traditional County: Middlesex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: West Brompton St Mary with St Peter and St Jude
Church of England Diocese: London
TQ 2578 NW EARLS COURT ROAD, SW5
249/44/10066 No. 161 (Prince of Teck P H)
Public house. 1868 by Huggett and Hussey for the Child family, embellished with balustrading, stone wyverns and busts in 1879-80 by George Edwards and with bar front and interior of cl901. White brick with stuccoed dressings; roof concealed behind parapet. Italianate style.
EXTERIOR: 4 storeys 3 windows to Earls Court Road. Kenway Road elevation of 4 storeys 4 windows to left and 3 storeys one window to right. Elaborate balustraded parapet with ball finials and 3 stone wyverns. Paired eaves cornice. Windows have moulded architraves but no glazing bars except for extension which has verticals only. Second floor windows have bas reliefs of Prince of Teck. 2 terracotta panels with bronze relief of Prince. First floor windows have brackets to architraves. Polished granite bar front with elaborate brackets to end of fascia. Composite pilasters with gilt capitals and colonettes.
INTERIOR: retains c1901 mahogany bar fitting and counter, dado panelling, lincrusta ceiling and walls and Jacobean style fireplace with baluster-shaped pilasters, pink marble bolection moulded surround and mirror flanked by fluted pilasters.
Listing NGR: TQ2549578650
Other nearby listed buildings