This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.4864 / 51°29'10"N
Longitude: -0.1752 / 0°10'30"W
OS Eastings: 526794
OS Northings: 177958
OS Grid: TQ267779
Mapcode National: GBR 4P.VB
Mapcode Global: VHGQY.XW6X
Entry Name: 5, Mulberry Walk Sw3
Listing Date: 21 October 1997
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1031503
English Heritage Legacy ID: 468902
Location: Kensington and Chelsea, London, SW3
District: Kensington and Chelsea
London Borough Ward: Stanley
Traditional County: Middlesex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: Chelsea St John with St Andrew
Church of England Diocese: London
TQ 26677 NE MULBERRY WALK, SW3
(North West side)
Block of flats. c1913. By Clifton R Davy for Baron Arild Rosenkrantz, a Danish stained glass designer. Built by R Dixon, a local man. Red brick with stone dressings. Tiled roof with tall brick, corniced chimney stacks on the gable ends and projecting eaves cornice.
STYLE: stripped Classical Mannerist style.
EXTERIOR: 8 windows, 3 storeys. The outer bays project forward and above the eaves, terminating with a narrow stone cornice. Both have moulded angles, and moulded stone doorcases with lugged entrances and overlights with cast-iron guards including the numeral "V". Panelled and part-glazed doors with iron guards. Above each entrance, paired metal-framed, narrow casements under gauged brick flat arches to each floor. The right hand window above the left hand door contains stained glass. Central, recessed bay is stone faced to ground floor cill height. Each floor with 4 paired metal-framed windows under gauged brick flat arches with stone keystones. To the right, a cast-iron rainwater head with the initial "R" and rectangular profile downpipe.
INTERIOR: not inspected.
HISTORY: Rosenkrantz is best known for the extraordinary Art-Nouveau style east window at Wickhambreux church, Kent, of 1896, the first window in Europe to use the American opaque glass perfected by John La Farge and others.
Listing NGR: TQ2679477958
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings