This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.5074 / 51°30'26"N
Longitude: -0.2023 / 0°12'8"W
OS Eastings: 524856
OS Northings: 180248
OS Grid: TQ248802
Mapcode National: GBR C8.MPQ
Mapcode Global: VHGQY.FCWS
Entry Name: Walls, Gates, Gatepiers and Railings to Central Garden
Listing Date: 10 December 1997
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1031555
English Heritage Legacy ID: 468994
Location: Kensington and Chelsea, London, W11
District: Kensington and Chelsea
London Borough Ward: Campden
Traditional County: Middlesex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: St George, Campden Hill
Church of England Diocese: London
TQ 2480 SE CAMPDEN HILL SQUARE
249/24/10075 Walls, gates, gatepiers and
railings to central garden
Walls, gates, gatepiers and railings. Circa 1826, north side railings replaced after 1944. Cast iron on low stock brick wall with stone coping. Comprises a rectangle of cast iron spear railings on low brick and stone base with urn and decorated column principals with scroll supports on the outside and curbing stones attached to the wall at regular intervals. There are seven cast iron gates (three to east and west and one to south) with spear railings and lozenge panel to the base and cast iron gatepiers with panels of lozenges and urn finials. North side included as wall is original but railings are of a plainer design. Plaque to northernmost gate on west side records the date of the gates and railings and developer Joshua Flesher Hanson.
Listing NGR: TQ2485680248
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings