This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.6804 / 52°40'49"N
Longitude: 1.1587 / 1°9'31"E
OS Eastings: 613616
OS Northings: 313871
OS Grid: TG136138
Mapcode National: GBR TD4.ZQW
Mapcode Global: WHLS1.RWYH
Entry Name: Ringland School and Attached Schoolmasters House
Listing Date: 21 January 1998
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1031568
English Heritage Legacy ID: 469031
Location: Ringland, Broadland, Norfolk, NR8
Civil Parish: Ringland
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
Church of England Parish: Ringland St Peter
Church of England Diocese: Norwich
TG 11 SW RINGLAND RINGLAND STREET
376/6/10000 Ringland School and attached
School and attached school master's house. c1873. For G Duckett Berney of Morton Hall. Red brick. Some stone dressings. Slate roofing in 2 shades forming diaper pattern. Brick coped gables with kneelers and finials. Ornamental brick stacks with single and paired octagonal flues with star tops. Complex plan with house to rear right. Tudor style with diagonal buttresses and elaborate dressings, most of the special bricks featured in the catalogue of the nearby Costessey brickworks. Single and 2 storeys. Main range has 2 facing projecting gables with 3- and 5-light windows with cusped lights and hoodmoulds, the right gable projecting further. The left gable has bellcote on top. 3-light window to far left; Tudor-arched doorway between the gables. Right side has the school house to rear with doorway in porch and similar 2- and 3-light windows. Rear has C20 single-storey extension. A finely-detailed school of the period.
Listing NGR: TG1361613871
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings