This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.2819 / 54°16'54"N
Longitude: -0.4023 / 0°24'8"W
OS Eastings: 504114
OS Northings: 488536
OS Grid: TA041885
Mapcode National: GBR TLMX.PT
Mapcode Global: WHGC0.SMLT
Entry Name: The Old Alexandra Music Hall
Listing Date: 17 February 1998
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1031602
English Heritage Legacy ID: 469073
Location: Scarborough, North Yorkshire, YO11
County: North Yorkshire
Local Authority Ward: Castle
Built-Up Area: Scarborough
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Scarborough St Mary
Church of England Diocese: York
TA 04 88
Nos 2A and 4, The Old Alexandra
Music Hall, now bar. 1859, altered C20. Red brick with stucco dressings now painted. Slate roof and rendered brick parapet. Facade has two C20 shop fronts with rusticated pilasters and upper casement windows, with above a moulded entablature. Above tall upper floor with recessed centre with 3 tall round headed windows with moulded stucco tops. Slightly projecting single window wings with rusticated quoins and similar single round headed windows, the whole topped with a dentilated cornice and above a panelled parapet. Rear stucco facades have 3 boarded round headed windows. INTERIOR: retains many original features, the original auditorium survives, though it has been floored-in. The original cast iron balustrade to former balcony survives, much of the original plasterwork, a glazed lantern and a small dome. Egg and dart cornice to moulded coving. Eight ornate cast iron columns support the balcony.
Listing NGR: TA0411488536
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings