This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.1707 / 52°10'14"N
Longitude: 0.4939 / 0°29'38"E
OS Eastings: 570644
OS Northings: 255420
OS Grid: TL706554
Mapcode National: GBR PD4.ZMY
Mapcode Global: VHJGY.HPZV
Entry Name: Stables at Branches Park
Listing Date: 19 December 1961
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1031692
English Heritage Legacy ID: 283058
Location: Cowlinge, St. Edmundsbury, Suffolk, CB8
District: St. Edmundsbury
Civil Parish: Cowlinge
Traditional County: Suffolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Suffolk
Church of England Parish: Cowlinge St Margaret of Antioch
Church of England Diocese: St.Edmundsbury and Ipswich
1. COWLINGE Stables at Branches Park
TL 75 NW 3/149 19.12.61.
A C18 red brick building comprising a main block with projecting wings at the
north and south ends. 2 storeys and attics. The east front has 1:2:1:2:1 window
range with 2 window range on the inner faces of the wings (blocked) and 4 window
range on the north and south ends. Double-hung sashes with glazing bars, in
plain reveals, with segmental arched heads. The centre part, of 1 window range
and a semi-circular arched doorway with keystone and impost band, breaks forward
slightly with a modillioned pediment and a semi-circular window in the tympaniam.
A raised brick band runs between the storeys. The stable doors and 3-light windows
in the end wings are framed in semi-circular arched recesses. Roof tiled, hipped
on the end wings, with a modillioned eaves cornice. A central square clock tower,
pedimented on front, is surmounted by an octagonal, open, domed cupola with semi-circular
Listing NGR: TL7064455420
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings