This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.4261 / 51°25'33"N
Longitude: -0.2121 / 0°12'43"W
OS Eastings: 524402
OS Northings: 171193
OS Grid: TQ244711
Mapcode National: GBR BL.Z39
Mapcode Global: VHGRB.8FR3
Entry Name: Motor House to Good Hope
Listing Date: 21 August 2002
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1031863
English Heritage Legacy ID: 489757
Location: Merton, London, SW19
London Borough Ward: Village
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: Wimbledon
Church of England Diocese: Southwark
1329/0/10056 HIGHBURY ROAD
Motor House to Good Hope
Motor house. 1907 Designed by Robert John Thomson and A G Pomeroy. Painted stucco to match main house Good Hope. Green slate pitched roof, end gables with kneelers. Window to west, metal framed. Double timber doors with four small lights at top, moved forward. Extension to south. Early C20 pitched hipped glazed washing porch supported on two bay square timber frame, bracketed on road side, probably added in 1920s, certainly before 1933 according to Ordnance Survey 25 inch map.
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings