History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Henham Hall Stables

A Grade II Listed Building in Wangford with Henham, Suffolk

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.3486 / 52°20'54"N

Longitude: 1.5976 / 1°35'51"E

OS Eastings: 645117

OS Northings: 278375

OS Grid: TM451783

Mapcode National: GBR YWF.NQS

Mapcode Global: VHM74.M7YD

Entry Name: Henham Hall Stables

Listing Date: 27 November 1954

Last Amended: 14 June 1985

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1032133

English Heritage Legacy ID: 281882

Location: Wangford with Henham, Waveney, Suffolk, NR34

County: Suffolk

District: Waveney

Civil Parish: Wangford with Henham

Traditional County: Suffolk

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Suffolk

Church of England Parish: Wangford St Peter and St Paul

Church of England Diocese: St.Edmundsbury and Ipswich

Find accommodation in
Sotherton

Listing Text

TM 47 NE HENHAM

4/17 Henham Hall Stables
- (formerly listed as Henham Hall
27/11/54 with Stables and Pigeon Cote')
- II

Stable block to Henham Hall. Early or mid C18. Red brick, originally
colourwashed, with a brick modillion eaves cornice; roof of glazed black
pantiles. 2 storeys. A main block with flanking hipped wings set forward.
The main block has 4 windows, casements under flat brick arches, with cross
windows on the ground floor. There is a central entrance bay, set slightly
forward and pedimented, with a porthole window in the tympanum; wide semi-
circular entrance arch set within semi-circular headed recess; brick band at
springing point level. The inner returns of the wings have 2 windows, some
now blocked, and central arched entrances; the gable end of the right hand
wing has been altered by the insertion of C20 cart doors. Above the roof of
the main block is an octagonal bell turret on a square boarded base with a
clock face; slender columns, ogee roof and a ball finial surmounted by a
wrought iron wind vane. To the right of the right hand wing is a C19 red
brick addition, now gutted. Henham Hall was demolished in 1953.


Listing NGR: TM4511778375

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.