History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Church Farmhouse

A Grade II Listed Building in Rishangles, Suffolk

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.2746 / 52°16'28"N

Longitude: 1.1642 / 1°9'51"E

OS Eastings: 615968

OS Northings: 268761

OS Grid: TM159687

Mapcode National: GBR VLJ.75D

Mapcode Global: VHL9V.43B4

Entry Name: Church Farmhouse

Listing Date: 26 August 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1032381

English Heritage Legacy ID: 281333

Location: Rishangles, Mid Suffolk, Suffolk, IP23

County: Suffolk

District: Mid Suffolk

Civil Parish: Rishangles

Traditional County: Suffolk

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Suffolk

Church of England Parish: Thorndon with Rishangles All Saints

Church of England Diocese: St.Edmundsbury and Ipswich

Find accommodation in
Occold

Listing Text

RISHANGLES EYE ROAD
TM 16 NE
4/52 Church Farmhouse
26.8.87
- II
Former farmhouse. C15 with later C16 alterations. Timber framed and
plastered, the right gable end cement-rendered. Pantiled roof, half-hipped to
the left. The portion of the roof to the right of the stack is less steeply
pitched towards the eaves and is said to have been damaged by fire c.1900. 1½
storeys. 3-cell form with former open hall. C19 casement windows. Mid C20
door into cross-passage. One flat-roofed half dormer. Internal stack with
rendered shaft. Unmodernised interior, much of the framing concealed. Intact
service partition with 2 fine 2-centre arched doorways. Front service room
has exposed C15 joists. The hall open truss has been removed except for a
small part of the arched braces visible on the ground floor. C16 inserted
floor with chamfered joists. Stack inserted into upper bay of open hall.
Parlour cell probably a C16 addition: chamfered-joist ceiling, exposed first
floor studding with curved braces. C16-C17 oak newel stair and a partly
exposed arched doorhead, probably C16, adjacent. Parlour end becoming
derelict at time of survey (February 1987).


Listing NGR: TM1596868761

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.