This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.2384 / 52°14'18"N
Longitude: 0.8573 / 0°51'26"E
OS Eastings: 595195
OS Northings: 263872
OS Grid: TL951638
Mapcode National: GBR RGJ.MKV
Mapcode Global: VHKD6.TZ3X
Entry Name: The Old Rectory
Listing Date: 15 November 1954
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1032399
English Heritage Legacy ID: 281274
Location: Tostock, Mid Suffolk, Suffolk, IP30
District: Mid Suffolk
Civil Parish: Tostock
Traditional County: Suffolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Suffolk
Church of England Parish: Tostock St Andrew
Church of England Diocese: St.Edmundsbury and Ipswich
TL 96 SE TOSTOCK NORTON ROAD
5/171 The Old Rectory
Former rectory; c.1800 with extensions to right and rear of early.C19. Gault
brick. Hipped roof of graded Welsh slates: internal chimneys of gault brick.
2 storeys. 5 windows. Small-pane sashes with flat arches of gauged brick.
At the centre bays, 4 Ionic pilasters rise through 2 storeys to support a
shallow pediment. The pilaster capitals are in buff terracotta or limestone
and the pediment has plain moulded woodwork. Entrance door with 8 sunk
panels: above is a shallow arch in 2 orders of gauged brick, and a small
semicircular fanlight has radiating bars. Interior: the front range has
restrained plasterwork and joinery of c.1800: Flaxman ovals, and panels over
doors. Staircase within inner hall has wrought iron balustrade. Believed to
have fluted Ionic columns in one room and an Adaartype plaster ceiling in a
bedroom. Early C19 addition to right of 1 + 1 windows and another, larger, to
rear. To right and left are semi-elliptical screen walls about 2.5m high of
gault brick with a band at mid-height: at the centre is an archway with
wrought iron fencing within the lower part.
Listing NGR: TL9519563872
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings