This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.2604 / 52°15'37"N
Longitude: 0.8736 / 0°52'24"E
OS Eastings: 596208
OS Northings: 266364
OS Grid: TL962663
Mapcode National: GBR RGB.CP6
Mapcode Global: VHKD7.3G50
Entry Name: The Old Rectory
Listing Date: 9 May 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1032454
English Heritage Legacy ID: 281203
Location: Norton, Mid Suffolk, Suffolk, IP31
District: Mid Suffolk
Civil Parish: Norton
Traditional County: Suffolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Suffolk
Church of England Parish: Norton St Andrew
Church of England Diocese: St.Edmundsbury and Ipswich
TL 96 NE NORTON CHURCH LANE
2/100 The Old Rectory
Former rectory. Circa 1730 with alterations of c.1820-24. Timber-framed,
encased at the front in gault brick of c.1820, plastered at sides and rear.
Hipped plaintiled roofs with 3 casement dormers of c.1980, replicating
previous early C18 dormers with heavy moulded pediments.. Internal chimneys of
red brick, the shafts rebuilt c.1980. 2 storeys and attics. 7 windows:
small-pane sashes with flat arches of gauged brick; one frame is said to be
dated 1824. Entrance doorway of c.1820: pair of doors with 4 fielded panels
each, fluted architrave with paterae, shallow cornice with paired modillions
to the soffit. Interior. Staircase of c.1730 with moulded handrail and turned
balusters. Three rooms have full-height panelling with large panels in
moulded frames, and deep ceiling cornice.
Listing NGR: TL9620866364
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings