History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Home Farmhouse

A Grade II Listed Building in Stradbroke, Suffolk

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.3155 / 52°18'55"N

Longitude: 1.2784 / 1°16'42"E

OS Eastings: 623550

OS Northings: 273661

OS Grid: TM235736

Mapcode National: GBR VL3.S1G

Mapcode Global: VHL9Q.32P8

Entry Name: Home Farmhouse

Listing Date: 29 July 1955

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1032857

English Heritage Legacy ID: 280220

Location: Stradbroke, Mid Suffolk, Suffolk, IP21

County: Suffolk

District: Mid Suffolk

Civil Parish: Stradbroke

Built-Up Area: Stradbroke

Traditional County: Suffolk

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Suffolk

Church of England Parish: Stradbroke All Saints

Church of England Diocese: St.Edmundsbury and Ipswich

Find accommodation in
Stradbroke

Listing Text

STRADBROKE NEAVES LANE
TM 27 SW

3/100 Home Farmhouse
-
29.7.55
-- II

Farmhouse. Mid C16 core with considerable C18-C19 alterations and additions,
including new roof and a wing to rear. Timber framed and plastered with roof
of glazed black pantiles. 2 storeys and attic. Various casement windows,
mainly of C19 and C20. Half-glazed 4-panel door. Gabled 2-storey porch
addition, probably of c.1600, with a mid C20 flat-roofed forward extension of
the main range adjoining to the right. Internal and gable stacks with C19
white brick shafts. To rear, an early C19 doorway with 6-panel door, frieze
and bracketed cornice. In the parlour there is a fine moulded beam and joist
ceiling with run-out stops and soffits with sunk spandrels. The hall has an
early C19 fireplace flanked by contemporary 3-centre arched cupboards. Mary
Warner of Boyton in 1736 gave various estates in trust for charitable
purposes, including this farm from which a schoolmaster derived £10 a year for
teaching 12 poor children. This came into effect in 1757 at her death. To
the west and south there is part of a medieval moat and fish ponds.


Listing NGR: TM2355073661

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.