History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Tea Rooms, Formerly Stables and Coach House, 70 Metres North of Helmingham Hall

A Grade II Listed Building in Helmingham, Suffolk

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.1748 / 52°10'29"N

Longitude: 1.1969 / 1°11'48"E

OS Eastings: 618689

OS Northings: 257763

OS Grid: TM186577

Mapcode National: GBR VMQ.PFD

Mapcode Global: VHLB7.PLMP

Entry Name: Tea Rooms, Formerly Stables and Coach House, 70 Metres North of Helmingham Hall

Listing Date: 22 September 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1033074

English Heritage Legacy ID: 279707

Location: Helmingham, Mid Suffolk, Suffolk, IP14

County: Suffolk

District: Mid Suffolk

Civil Parish: Helmingham

Traditional County: Suffolk

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Suffolk

Church of England Parish: Helmingham St Mary

Church of England Diocese: St.Edmundsbury and Ipswich

Find accommodation in
Ashbocking

Listing Text

HELMINGHAM HELMINGHAM PARK
TM 15 NE
4/88 Tea rooms, formerly Stables
- and Coach House, 70m
north of Helmingham Hall

GV II

Tea rooms, built c.1800 as a stable block and coach house for Helmingham Hall.
Red brick, originally colourwashed, with a continuous band of gault brick at
mid-height. Hipped slated roof with widely-spaced paired modillions beneath
deep eaves; small C19/C20 chimneys of red brick. C19/C20 flat-roofed casement
dormers; Centre range of 3 bays with slightly set-forward wings of 2 bays;
each bay has a round arch of gauged brick, the spandrel infilled by small-
paned glazing. Shallow blind arcades: below a string course of gault brick
are mid C20 small-paned casements. The centre bay and one other have original
doors with multiple flush panels. The end elevations have triple arcades of
similar design; at the east end each arch is filled by a pair of original
panelled coach-house doors with radiating flush panels in the tympanum.


Listing NGR: TM1868957763

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.