This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.1429 / 52°8'34"N
Longitude: 1.1163 / 1°6'58"E
OS Eastings: 613332
OS Northings: 253976
OS Grid: TM133539
Mapcode National: GBR TLP.M1B
Mapcode Global: VHLBD.9DJM
Entry Name: Willow Farmhouse
Listing Date: 26 March 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1033266
English Heritage Legacy ID: 279250
Location: Coddenham, Mid Suffolk, Suffolk, IP6
District: Mid Suffolk
Civil Parish: Coddenham
Traditional County: Suffolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Suffolk
Church of England Parish: Coddenham St Mary
Church of England Diocese: St.Edmundsbury and Ipswich
CODDENHAM CHURCH ROAD
TM 15 SW
7/2 Willow Farmhouse
Former farmhouse. Late C16 with alterations of mid C17. Timber-framed and
plastered. Plaintiled roof with prominent pierced and cusped C19 bargeboards.
A mid C17 axial chimney of red brick has an unaltered sawtooth shaft with
oversailing cap. 2 storeys. C19 small-pane windows mainly of 3 lights and
with horizontally sliding centre lights. Several mullioned windows of C16 and
C17 are exposed and glazed. Early C19 entrance door with 6 fielded panels.
Arch windbraced close-studwork and unchamfered floor joists are exposed
internally. Two fireplaces have good C17 arched heads with ovolo-mouldings,
one also having sunk spandrels. A short 2-storey wing on the south side is
possibly an original staircase tower. It has moulded mullions of mid C16 type
which are possibly reused. The original building has a wind-braced clasped-
purlin roof. The C17 wing on the north side has close-studding of lesser
quality, and a 2-tier butt-purlin roof.
Listing NGR: TM1333253976
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings