This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.6347 / 52°38'5"N
Longitude: -2.4525 / 2°27'8"W
OS Eastings: 369473
OS Northings: 304205
OS Grid: SJ694042
Mapcode National: GBR BX.74Y1
Mapcode Global: WH9DH.91DG
Entry Name: Coach House and Barn North West of Upper House
Listing Date: 26 March 1968
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1033273
English Heritage Legacy ID: 362326
Location: Madeley, Telford and Wrekin, TF7
County: Telford and Wrekin
Civil Parish: Madeley
Traditional County: Shropshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Shropshire
Church of England Parish: Madeley
Church of England Diocese: Hereford
MADELEY CHURCH STREET
5362 Coach House and Barn north-
west of Upper House
SJ 6904SW 11/473 26.3.68
Circa C17 barn, much altered. Long timber-framed range with red brick infill
panels on sandstone plinth. Plain tile roof with gabled ends. Three gables on
road front, each with C19 pointed arch window with cast-iron lattice grille. Cart
entrance through west end.
East end has C18 brick coach house wing at right angles, with arcaded east side
with keystones and tablet with date 1765. Plaque on front of barn states
"King Charles II hid in this barn 5 September 1651".
Used as a local market in C18.
Listing NGR: SJ6947304205
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings