This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.698 / 52°41'52"N
Longitude: -2.5422 / 2°32'31"W
OS Eastings: 363456
OS Northings: 311283
OS Grid: SJ634112
Mapcode National: GBR BT.30VW
Mapcode Global: WH9D1.XGM0
Entry Name: Orleton Hall
Listing Date: 18 June 1959
Last Amended: 8 April 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1033348
English Heritage Legacy ID: 362497
Location: Wrockwardine, Telford and Wrekin, TF6
County: Telford and Wrekin
Civil Parish: Wrockwardine
Traditional County: Shropshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Shropshire
Church of England Parish: Wrockwardine St Peter
Church of England Diocese: Lichfield
WROCKWARDINE WATLING STREET
5362 Orleton Hall (formerly
listed as 'Orleton')
SJ 61SW 27/641 18.6.59
Circa late C18 mansion, said to be "circa 1830 refronting by Edward Haycock for
Edward Cludde whose family had owned the estate since the early C18". On the site
of an earlier house there is some old masonry in the cellars and the core of the
house might be earlier than C18.
Situated in a small park a plain stuccoed brick house with parapet and cornice
concealing low-pitched hipped slate roof. Three-storeys. Garden west front 3:3:3
bays, centre 3 bays break forward with pediment with bullseye in the tympanum.
Sash windows with glazing bars. Central stone pilastered doorcase with glazed
door. Right-hand (south) return 4 bays. East entrance front 3:3:3 bays, centre
recessed with Doric portico with stone columns and entablature across the recess.
Wing to north-east, at right angles, 3 bays, of 2-storeys with blind second storey.
C18 and C19 kitchen and service wings to north.
Interior: large bolection mould hall chimney piece. Rebuilt Jacobean carved wooden
chimney-piece with Cludde arms.
Listing NGR: SJ6345611283
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings