This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.8306 / 50°49'50"N
Longitude: -0.1655 / 0°9'55"W
OS Eastings: 529291
OS Northings: 105060
OS Grid: TQ292050
Mapcode National: GBR JNX.T5J
Mapcode Global: FRA B6JW.Z8Z
Entry Name: 44, Wilbury Road
Listing Date: 17 December 1998
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1033374
English Heritage Legacy ID: 471860
Location: Brighton and Hove, BN3
County: The City of Brighton and Hove
Unitary Authority Ward: Goldsmid
Traditional County: Sussex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): East Sussex
Church of England Parish: Hove All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Chichester
House. 1905, architect J L Ball of South sea for Colonel S Wishart in Queen Anne style. Asymmetrical building, cement rendered with tiled roof and with tall chimneystacks with arched recesses. Two storeys and attics. Front elevation has hipped projection to left two bays. Eight sashes to first floor with glazing bars one tripartite, mainly with jalousies. Ground floor has glazing bars to windows in projection but other windows without glazing bars. Rusticated surround to doorcase. Three hipped dormers with triple windows, decorated leaded cheeks and metal finials. Right side elevation has ground projecting curved bay to ground floor, cast iron verandah which has been glazed in and dormer with Venetian window. Rear or garden front has ten windows, the two to the left in square projection to both floors, the end right in two storeyed flat roofed bathroom and pantry, and adjoining windows in projecting canted bay through two floors. First floor windows have glazing bars, ground floor windows mainly without glazing bars. Two triple dormers with similar features. Interior has panelled entrance hall with Tuscan columns, ground floor Drawing Room with plastered ceiling and coved cornice, fireplace with engaged Ionic columns and marble surround and further room with stone bolection moulded fireplace. Main staircase has stick balusters, ramped handrail and segmental arches to upper floor.
Listing NGR: TQ2929605058
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings