This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.3239 / 51°19'25"N
Longitude: -1.898 / 1°53'52"W
OS Eastings: 407202
OS Northings: 158311
OS Grid: SU072583
Mapcode National: GBR 3WP.T4S
Mapcode Global: VHB4J.1ZYH
Entry Name: Patney Rectory
Listing Date: 29 April 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1033721
English Heritage Legacy ID: 311600
Location: Patney, Wiltshire, SN10
Civil Parish: Patney
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Chirton and Patney St John the Baptist
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
PATNEY VILLAGE CENTRE
SU 05 NE
10/180 Patney Rectory
Rectory, now house. Late C18 and 1833 by W. Dyer of Alton, Hants.
Ashlar limestone the 2 storey front block, Flemish brickwork to 3-
storey rear block, both roofs slated. Front block early C19, with
facade of 3 bays, the centre bay broken forward with central plat
band. Twelve-paned sashes, 4-paned to upper floor with louvred
shutters. Iron verandah across ground floor, c1978, with swept
lead roof. Blind recesses on 1 bay return, the lower with three-
quarter attached fluted urn, also C20. Boxed eaves. Rear block
has 12-paned sashes, 6-paned to second floor, and with 6-panelled
door with incised doorcase to gable end. Two storey rear wing of 2
bays. Roofs hipped. On rear elevation a clock inscribed PATNEY
RECTORY in lieu of numbers.
Listing NGR: SU0720258311
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings