This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.4791 / 51°28'44"N
Longitude: -1.6204 / 1°37'13"W
OS Eastings: 426460
OS Northings: 175638
OS Grid: SU264756
Mapcode National: GBR 5XY.C4H
Mapcode Global: VHC1J.V2RY
Entry Name: Pond House
Listing Date: 22 August 1966
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1034166
English Heritage Legacy ID: 310534
Location: Aldbourne, Wiltshire, SN8
Civil Parish: Aldbourne
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
SU 27 NE ALDBOURNE THE SQUARE
9/74 No 4 (Pond House) and No 5
House, early C18. Whitewashed sarsen rubble with brick dressings.
Tiled roof with central lead flat. 2-storey 4 x 2 bays, without
principal facade. Central entrance on north; glazed door, and
shop, No. 5 with separate entrance in bays 3 and 4. 3-light leaded
windows, segmental headed to ground floor, and central window with
large round leaded fanlight. Brick dentilled eaves. Roof hipped
with left gable stack facing village pond. Added front stack.
Outbuilding on right on skew, 1 bay raised to 2-storey with detail
as main building. Right end extended to rear by 2-storey hipped
bay. Rear elevation with tripartite 12-pane and 16-pane sashes.
The property was the site of the Wells bell foundry from 1760, a
predecessor of the Whitechapel Bellfoundry.
Listing NGR: SU2645375627
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings