History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

127, Pyle Street

A Grade II Listed Building in Newport, Isle of Wight

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 50.6998 / 50°41'59"N

Longitude: -1.2921 / 1°17'31"W

OS Eastings: 450091

OS Northings: 89150

OS Grid: SZ500891

Mapcode National: GBR 8BJ.44L

Mapcode Global: FRA 8757.BFJ

Entry Name: 127, Pyle Street

Listing Date: 1 February 1972

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1034546

English Heritage Legacy ID: 309667

Location: Newport, Isle of Wight, PO30

County: Isle of Wight

Civil Parish: Newport

Traditional County: Hampshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Isle of Wight

Church of England Parish: Newport St Thomas

Church of England Diocese: Portsmouth

Find accommodation in
Carisbrooke

Listing Text

PYLE STREET
1.
1445 (North Side)

No 127
SZ 5089 SW 3/287

II GY


2.
Early C19 originally livery stables or coaching premises. 2 storeys painted
brick. Low pitch table end slate roof, brick eaves cornice. 2 segment
headed windows, recessed, sash, glazing bars. Gabled hatch to east.
Ground floor, central entrance to covered way, with lintel leading to
courtyard, now glazed over, with what were originally living quarters and
stables, now garages. Door to west with segment headed fanlight and
segment headed door to east, with small side window.

Nos 124 to 127 (consec) and the Methodist Chapel form a group

Group value note should be amended to read:

Nos. 124 to 127 (consec) and the Apollo Theatre form a group

------------------------------------

PYLE STREET
1.
1445
(North Side)
SZ 5089 SW 3/287 No 127

II GV


2.
Early C19 originally livery stables or coaching premises. 2 storeys
painted brick. Low pitch gable end slate roof, brick eaves cornice.
2 segment headed windows, recessed, sash, glazing bars. Gabled hatch
to east. Ground floor, central entrance to covered way, with lintel
leading to courtyard, now glazed over, with what were originally living
Quarters and stables, now garages. Door to west with segment headed
fanlight and segment headed door to east, with small side window.

Nos 124 to 127 (consec) and the Methodist Chapel form a group


Listing NGR: SZ5008689159

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.