History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Church House

A Grade II Listed Building in Nether Whitacre, Warwickshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.5339 / 52°32'2"N

Longitude: -1.6605 / 1°39'37"W

OS Eastings: 423125

OS Northings: 292951

OS Grid: SP231929

Mapcode National: GBR 5J4.10P

Mapcode Global: VHBW9.5KJV

Entry Name: Church House

Listing Date: 11 November 1952

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1034649

English Heritage Legacy ID: 309412

Location: Nether Whitacre, North Warwickshire, Warwickshire, B46

County: Warwickshire

District: North Warwickshire

Civil Parish: Nether Whitacre

Built-Up Area: Nether Whitacre

Traditional County: Warwickshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Warwickshire

Church of England Parish: Whitacres, Lea Marston and Shustoke

Church of England Diocese: Birmingham

Find accommodation in
Nether Whitacre

Listing Text

NETHER WHITACRE DOG LANE
SP29SW (South-east side)
5/98 Church House
11/11/52
GV II
House. Circa 1600, restored in the late C19. Timber-framed, partly rebuilt in
brick and painted to imitate timber-framing; plain tile roof with crested ridge
tiles; 2 brick ridge stacks. H-plan: single-bay hall range aligned east-west
facing south with a cross-wing at each end. 2 storeys: 4 tiers of square panels
to eaves level, with straight braces and ogee-moulded first floor bressumers.
1:2:1 windows: C19 casements. Gabled wings to left and right with fretted barge
boards and apex finials. Both roof trusses have tie beams with brattished
soffits of ogee-moulded billets, and V-struts above the collars. Central plank
door with 4-centred arch within a C19 gabled porch with 4-centred entrance arch,
a barley sugar twist balustrade, fretted barge boards and apex finial. The left
hand return of the left hand wing has irregular framing including patches of
close studding to the ground floor and small square panels to the first floor.
The left hand bay has a curved brace. Interior: chamfered and stopped ceiling
beams.


Listing NGR: SP2312592951

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.