History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Shustoke House Farmhouse and Attached Stable

A Grade II Listed Building in Shustoke, Warwickshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.5144 / 52°30'51"N

Longitude: -1.6726 / 1°40'21"W

OS Eastings: 422315

OS Northings: 290772

OS Grid: SP223907

Mapcode National: GBR 5J9.9YC

Mapcode Global: VHBWG.Y2M9

Entry Name: Shustoke House Farmhouse and Attached Stable

Listing Date: 23 March 1988

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1034766

English Heritage Legacy ID: 309081

Location: Shustoke, North Warwickshire, Warwickshire, B46

County: Warwickshire

District: North Warwickshire

Civil Parish: Shustoke

Traditional County: Warwickshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Warwickshire

Church of England Parish: Whitacres, Lea Marston and Shustoke

Church of England Diocese: Birmingham

Find accommodation in
Coleshill

Listing Text

SHUSTOKE COLESHILL ROAD
SP2290 (South side)
12/176 Shustoke House Farmhouse and
attached stable
GV II
Cottage with adjoining stable block. 1772. Red brick, English garden wall bond.
Plain-tiled gable roof with parapet gables on kneelers and dentil eaves cornice.
Ridge stack. L-plan, with north-south cottage range and east-west stable block.
Cottage of one storey and attic with north gable end having a blocked oculus
above C20 wood casement and opening. At ground floor, doorway in coursed and
dressed sandstone surround with keyblock and stop-chamfer. Bead and quirk
boarded door. East side wall has a gable dormer with a leaded light and 3 ground
floor windows under segmental arches. The stable block adjoins and is
contemporary and of similar materials. One storey and attic. South wall, 3
stable door openings with split doors, under segmental arches. 3 similar arches
to 3 iron casements. Interior has 3 stalls for horses, but the partitions have
been removed. At the west gable end is a pigeon loft with approximately 54
nesting boxes with perches. Part of the stable has been converted to domestic
use. The cottage and stable are probably contemporary with the model farm range
opposite on the south which is dated 1772.


Listing NGR: SP2231590772

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.