History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Stable Block Adjoining Blyth Hall on the North East and Attached Gatepier

A Grade II Listed Building in Shustoke, Warwickshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.5091 / 52°30'32"N

Longitude: -1.6927 / 1°41'33"W

OS Eastings: 420950

OS Northings: 290179

OS Grid: SP209901

Mapcode National: GBR 4GY.QTR

Mapcode Global: VHBWG.L6ZC

Entry Name: Stable Block Adjoining Blyth Hall on the North East and Attached Gatepier

Listing Date: 11 November 1952

Last Amended: 23 March 1988

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1034768

English Heritage Legacy ID: 309086

Location: Shustoke, North Warwickshire, Warwickshire, B46

County: Warwickshire

District: North Warwickshire

Civil Parish: Shustoke

Traditional County: Warwickshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Warwickshire

Church of England Parish: Whitacres, Lea Marston and Shustoke

Church of England Diocese: Birmingham

Find accommodation in
Coleshill

Listing Text

SHUSTOKE COLESHILL ROAD
SP2090 (North side)
Blyth Hall
11/181 Stable block adjoining Blyth
11/11/52 Hall on the NE and attached
gatepier
(Formerly listed under
Blyth Hall with stables and
pigeoncote)
GV II
Stable block. 1704. Red brick, English garden wall bond. Plain-tiled roof with
shaped gable end parapets on kneelers and moulded brick eaves cornice. Hexagonal
bell cupola with bell-shaped leaded roof. 2 storeys. One dormer. At first floor
a clock of 1704 with Roman numerals and single hand. Segmental arch to 2
openings at ground floor. At the east end a wing for a tack room. c.1704. Red
brick and plain-tiled roof and shaped gable end parapets on kneelers. Ridge
stack. 2 storeys. Gable end to the yard has an unglazed oculus and breathers of
diaper pattern. Segmental arch to the doorway. Interior has fireplace with cast
iron grate. Adjoining on north-west, a gatepier to the yard. 1704. Red brick
with stone coping and ball finial. (Information from Sir William Dugdale)


Listing NGR: SP2095090179

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.