History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Over Whitacre House

A Grade II Listed Building in Over Whitacre, Warwickshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.5126 / 52°30'45"N

Longitude: -1.6178 / 1°37'4"W

OS Eastings: 426035

OS Northings: 290588

OS Grid: SP260905

Mapcode National: GBR 5JC.KSJ

Mapcode Global: VHBWH.X33P

Entry Name: Over Whitacre House

Listing Date: 11 November 1952

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1034793

English Heritage Legacy ID: 309041

Location: Over Whitacre, North Warwickshire, Warwickshire, B46

County: Warwickshire

District: North Warwickshire

Civil Parish: Over Whitacre

Traditional County: Warwickshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Warwickshire

Church of England Parish: Whitacres, Lea Marston and Shustoke

Church of England Diocese: Birmingham

Find accommodation in
Shustoke

Listing Text

OVER WHITACRE NUNEATON ROAD
SP29SE (East side)
3/136 Over Whitacre House
11/11/52
- II
Small country house. c. 1840. Red brick, Flemish bond, on coursed sandstone
plinth with stone dressings. Hipped roof of slate with 2 internal stacks having
entablature of brick. Main block with adjoining service range and courtyard to
north-east end. 2 storeys and attic. Symmetrical facade framed by moulded main
cornice and rusticated quoins, now painted. 3-window range of recessed hung
sashes with single central glazing bar and stone sills under flat arches with
raised key block of stone. Central porch approached by 5 stone steps. Red brick
and similar stone dressings. Broken pediment on paired console brackets.
Round-headed outer arch with moulded surround and keyblock. Doorway in square
head with rusticated surround and arched keyblock. 2 similar but larger hung
sashes flank the porch. Attic storey has 3 smaller hung sashes. The service wing
to the north is of red brick with moulded brick cornice. 2 storeys and single
storey round the yard. The property was sold in 1837 and a major building
programme may have been undertaken at that time.


Listing NGR: SP2603590588

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.