This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.5149 / 52°30'53"N
Longitude: -1.6495 / 1°38'58"W
OS Eastings: 423882
OS Northings: 290832
OS Grid: SP238908
Mapcode National: GBR 5JB.9ST
Mapcode Global: VHBWH.C1BY
Entry Name: Holliars Farmhouse
Listing Date: 11 November 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1034806
English Heritage Legacy ID: 309078
Location: Shustoke, North Warwickshire, Warwickshire, B46
District: North Warwickshire
Civil Parish: Shustoke
Traditional County: Warwickshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Warwickshire
Church of England Parish: Whitacres, Lea Marston and Shustoke
Church of England Diocese: Birmingham
SHUSTOKE CHURCH ROAD
SP2390 (South side)
13/173 Holliars Farmhouse
Farmhouse. 1641. Timber-frame, part exposed in front gables, and rear wall. Part
cased on the front in red brick, C18. Ridge stack of red brick having V-shaped
pilasters to faces of 3 linked shafts (similar to chimneys at Monwode Lea, Over
Whitacre and Old Farmhouse, Tamworth Road, Over Whitacre (q.v.)). Main range of
lobby-entry plan having a contemporary cross-wing at east end. A single-bay
service addition was made to the west end. One storey and attic. 2 full gable
dormers on the front. Exposed framing of Queen struts and lattice bracing in the
gable heads. Lobby-entry doorway and three 3-light casements in segmental
arches. The doorway is late C19 or C20. The cross-wing is also framed, with
brick casing to the ground floor and render to the first floor north side wall.
Two storeys. One 3-light casement to each storey. Exposed framing in rear gable
showing upward bracing. Short wing to south-west. Timber-framed with brick
infill. Plain-tiled roof. Small framing of height of three panels to each wall.
Interior: The date is inscribed in the chimney breast of the lobby-entry.
Back-to-back inglenook hearth, one now blocked. Centre room has ogee moulded and
stopped main beam and stop-chamfered joists. The service room to the west has
chamfered main beam. First floor has exposed framing of the closed truss,
originally the west gable end of the house. The framing is weathered and there
is brick infill. Wind braced through-purlins, and blades halved and pegged at
the apex with a ridge piece laid on edge. Similar roof to the east cross-wing
which is of 2 bays.
Listing NGR: SP2388290832
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings