This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.4973 / 52°29'50"N
Longitude: -1.6879 / 1°41'16"W
OS Eastings: 421281
OS Northings: 288867
OS Grid: SP212888
Mapcode National: GBR 5JH.D2B
Mapcode Global: VHBWG.PHHF
Entry Name: Castle Farmhouse
Listing Date: 23 March 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1034824
English Heritage Legacy ID: 309023
Location: Maxstoke, North Warwickshire, Warwickshire, B46
District: North Warwickshire
Civil Parish: Maxstoke
Traditional County: Warwickshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Warwickshire
Church of England Parish: Maxstoke
Church of England Diocese: Birmingham
MAXSTOKE COLESHILL ROAD
SP28NW (North side)
5/118 Castle Farmhouse
House. Early C17 origin, but mainly 1797. Altered late C20. Timber-frame on
sandstone rubble, with red brick to principal range, now rendered. Plain-tiled
roof with end parapets and moulded brick eaves coving. End stack and ridge stack
at junction of main and rear ranges. L-plan. 2 storeys and attic. 3 gable
dormers. Three C20 wood casements in segmental arches. Band between storeys.
Original pedimented doorcase of red brick with doorway in arched head. C20 door
with 2 glazed panels. Flanking canted bays. Rear range has sandstone ground
floor with framing at first floor. Interior: 1797 closed string staircase.
Open-well of 3 flights and landing. Original column balusters to first flight
and part of landing. Square newels and moulded rail. Dated brick to south side
Listing NGR: SP2128188867
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings