History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Stable Block at Packington Hall

A Grade II Listed Building in Great Packington, Warwickshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.4526 / 52°27'9"N

Longitude: -1.6737 / 1°40'25"W

OS Eastings: 422273

OS Northings: 283895

OS Grid: SP222838

Mapcode National: GBR 5K2.9NZ

Mapcode Global: VHBWN.YM27

Entry Name: Stable Block at Packington Hall

Listing Date: 11 November 1952

Last Amended: 23 March 1988

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1034845

English Heritage Legacy ID: 308969

Location: Great Packington, North Warwickshire, Warwickshire, CV7

County: Warwickshire

District: North Warwickshire

Civil Parish: Great Packington

Traditional County: Warwickshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Warwickshire

Church of England Parish: Meriden St Laurence

Church of England Diocese: Coventry

Find accommodation in
Bickenhill

Listing Text

GREAT PACKINGTON PACKINGTON PARK
SP28SW
8/64 Stable block at Packington
11/11/52 Hall
(Formerly listed as Packington
Hall and Stable block)
GV II
Stable block, now office. 1762-66. By William or David Hiorne for 3rd Earl of
Aylesford. Buff sandstone ashlar to the front range and stucco to the rear. Low
pitch slate roof with pyramidal roofs to the corner towers. Moulded main cornice
of stone. Courtyard plan with square corner towers. 2 storeys. East front in 9
bays including pedimented Tuscan Doric recessed portico. Doorway with moulded
stone architrave having the cornice carried on console brackets. Panelled
reveals, but late C20 glazed double doors. First floor late C20 12-pane hung
sashes. Ground floor has larger 12-pane hung sashes. Corner towers have raised
surrounds to first floor hung sashes and a Venetian window at ground floor with
pedimented centre light. The courtyard has red brick walls. 7 recessed
round-headed bays to each wall, with the centre bay pedimented.
(Buildings of England: Warwickshire: p299; VCH: Warwickshire, Vol IV; M, Binney:
Country Life: CXLVIII, p102, 266)


Listing NGR: SP2227383895

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Selected Sources

Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.