History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Priory Farmhouse

A Grade II Listed Building in Princethorpe, Warwickshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.3332 / 52°19'59"N

Longitude: -1.4161 / 1°24'57"W

OS Eastings: 439884

OS Northings: 270727

OS Grid: SP398707

Mapcode National: GBR 6N3.NSS

Mapcode Global: VHBXD.DMQ7

Entry Name: Priory Farmhouse

Listing Date: 25 August 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1034873

English Heritage Legacy ID: 308826

Location: Princethorpe, Rugby, Warwickshire, CV23

County: Warwickshire

District: Rugby

Civil Parish: Princethorpe

Traditional County: Warwickshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Warwickshire

Church of England Parish: Stretton-on-Dunsmore All Saints

Church of England Diocese: Coventry

Find accommodation in
Bubbenhall

Listing Text

PRINCETHORPE LEAMINGTON ROAD
SP37SE
(North side)
4/42
Priory Farmhouse
II
Farmhouse, now 2 houses. C18; altered c.1835-1840. Flemish bond brick with
string course and dog-tooth cornice; right return side and rear wing are
rendered. Old plain-tile roofs; brick left end and ridge stacks. L-plan, with
wing on left to rear. 2 storeys and attic; 3-window range. Symmetrical front.
Double-leaf glazed doors have Gothick-arched lights and glazing bars. Projecting
brick strip to left merges with string course. C20 wood mullioned and transomed
and central cross windows have brick segmental arches. Mid/late C19
single-storey range to left has slate roof. 3-light casement and 9-pane sash.
Right return side has triple gables. Central late C19/C20 canted bay has wood
cross window. Half-glazed 6-panelled door to right has fluted wood pilasters and
shallow hood. Wood cross windows have Gothick-arched lights, and glazing bars;
first-floor window on left is blind. 2-light attic casements. Interior: 2
staircases of c.1840 have moulded handrail, stick balusters and turned newel.
First-floor room has ogee-stop-chamfered beam.


Listing NGR: SP3988470727

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.