This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.4816 / 52°28'53"N
Longitude: -1.4718 / 1°28'18"W
OS Eastings: 435970
OS Northings: 287202
OS Grid: SP359872
Mapcode National: GBR 6L9.DQ0
Mapcode Global: VHBWL.FWSH
Entry Name: Old Meeting United Reformed Church
Listing Date: 11 February 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1034948
English Heritage Legacy ID: 308619
Location: Nuneaton and Bedworth, Warwickshire, CV12
District: Nuneaton and Bedworth
Town: Nuneaton and Bedworth
Electoral Ward/Division: Bede
Built-Up Area: Bedworth
Traditional County: Warwickshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Warwickshire
Church of England Parish: Bedworth All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Coventry
NUNEATON AND BEDWORTH THE GROVE
SP38NE (West side)
5/78 Old Meeting United Reformed
Nonconformist chapel. 1726, altered or raised 1808; both dates incised in
brickwork. Flemish bond brick with string course and brick dentil cornice, and
rendered plinth. Slate hipped roof. 4-window range. Symmetrical 2-storey front.
Double-leaf 6-panelled doors in simple doorcases with pediment, dated 1975, to
first and fourth bays. Ground floor has 2 segmental-arched windows. First floor
has round-arched windows. Margin bars and brick arches throughout. Incised
initials IH and WM with date 1808 below eaves. 3-bay right return side has
similar windows. Front to The Grove has similar windows to first and fourth
bays, and 2 full-height round-arched windows. Interior is plastered. Late C19
gallery of polished pine to 3 sides has panelled front with detached shafts and
cast iron columns. Late C19 and C20 fittings.
Listing NGR: SP3597087202
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings