This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.3316 / 52°19'53"N
Longitude: -1.3637 / 1°21'49"W
OS Eastings: 443454
OS Northings: 270583
OS Grid: SP434705
Mapcode National: GBR 7PH.XQ1
Mapcode Global: VHCTW.9NXF
Entry Name: School House
Listing Date: 3 July 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1034966
English Heritage Legacy ID: 308659
Location: Bourton and Draycote, Rugby, Warwickshire, CV23
Civil Parish: Bourton and Draycote
Traditional County: Warwickshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Warwickshire
Church of England Parish: Bourton St Peter
Church of England Diocese: Coventry
BOURTON AND DRAYCOTE MAIN STREET
SP47SW (East side)
1/18 School House
Former school and school house, now house. Founded 1836 by John Shuckburgh.
Slight late C20 alterations. Colourwashed rendered brick. Old tile roofs;
rendered end stacks to left of house and right of school building. House on
right is T-plan with wing to rear. 2 storeys; 3-window range. School building is
one storey; 3-window range. Simple Gothick style throughout, with 4-centred
2-light Gothick casements. House has central door with 2 applied Gothick panels
in moulded wood surround. Open porch has cast iron supports. School building has
central late C20 metal 3-light casement. Left return side to road has
flat-topped gable. Central porch has colourwashed brick open pedimented gable.
Small round-arched window with keystone. Left return side has elliptical arched
doorway and C20 studded ribbed door. Y-traceried pointed window with horizontal
glazing bars to left. 2-light casement to right. Inscription panel above. First
floor has late C20 round-arched window. Interior not inspected.
Gatepier and gate. Probably c.1906. Possibly designed by Harold A. Peto.
Limestone ashlar. Gate of cast-iron. Edwardian Baroque style. Moulded plinth,
entablature and dentil cornice. Projecting front and rear faces have tall narrow
moulded shaped panel. Lower right section has large volute. Lower left section
has small volute. Ball finial. Approximately 4 metres high.
Listing NGR: SP4345470583
Other nearby listed buildings