History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Church of the Holy Trinity

A Grade II Listed Building in Nuneaton and Bedworth, Warwickshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.5144 / 52°30'51"N

Longitude: -1.4562 / 1°27'22"W

OS Eastings: 437000

OS Northings: 290861

OS Grid: SP370908

Mapcode National: GBR 6KX.BNL

Mapcode Global: VHBWL.Q209

Entry Name: Church of the Holy Trinity

Listing Date: 11 February 1988

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1034975

English Heritage Legacy ID: 308571

Location: Nuneaton and Bedworth, Warwickshire, CV11

County: Warwickshire

District: Nuneaton and Bedworth

Town: Nuneaton and Bedworth

District Council Ward: Attleborough

Traditional County: Warwickshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Warwickshire

Church of England Parish: Attleborough Holy Trinity

Church of England Diocese: Coventry

Find accommodation in
Nuneaton

Listing Text

NUNEATON AND BEDWORTH ATTLEBOROUGH ROAD
SP39SE (East side)
Attleborough
2/33 Church of the Holy Trinity
GV II

Church. 1842. Designed by T.L. Walker. English bond brick. Slate roof has
stone-coped gable parapets. Nave, apse, south west tower. Gothic Revival lancet
style. 7 bays. Semi-circular apse has 2 pilaster strips and 3 lancets with brick
hood moulds and stone head stops. Corbel table between pilaster strips and
buttresses throughout. Nave has small east door in south corner. Thin
closely-set buttresses. 6 windows to north and south have sill course. South
west plank door. West front has stepped triple lancets; hood mould continues as
string course. Small lancet below and to left. West window and tower west door
have stone shafts and roll mouldings. Tower of 2 stages has angle buttresses of
3 offsets. Small lancet above door. Small blind north window; large south
window. String course. Second stage has pilaster strip and angle piers. Narrow
bell openings have louvres. All openings have stone head stops. Upper part of
parapet and stone octagonal spire are C20. Interior is plastered. Apse windows
have continuous hood mould. Stepped triple arches to nave have slender shafts.
Nave has queen post roof with struts and wall posts on head corbels, ceiled
above collar beam. Deep west gallery on 2 shafts. Fittings: C19 encaustic tile
flooring. Octagonal font of 1901 has clustered shafts. The church was 'given by
the principal landowners and inhabitants of the densely populated parish of
Nuneaton' and cost 2,629 pounds. The site was provided by the Earl of
Harrowby.
(VCH: Warwickshire, Vol IV, p165; Buildings of England, Warwickshire, p78-79;
Kelly's Directory of Warwickshire, 1894, p25)


Listing NGR: SP3700090861

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Selected Sources

Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.