This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.3707 / 52°22'14"N
Longitude: -1.2631 / 1°15'47"W
OS Eastings: 450264
OS Northings: 274992
OS Grid: SP502749
Mapcode National: GBR 7P7.CH4
Mapcode Global: VHCTR.2P20
Entry Name: Old Quad Buildings at Rugby School
Listing Date: 11 October 1949
Last Amended: 3 September 1976
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1035021
English Heritage Legacy ID: 308481
Location: Rugby, Warwickshire, CV22
District Council Ward: Eastlands
Traditional County: Warwickshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Warwickshire
Church of England Parish: Rugby St Andrew
Church of England Diocese: Coventry
LAWRENCE SHERIFF STREET
Old Quad Buildings at Rugby
School (Formerly listed as
Rugby old School)
SP 5074 NW 2/12 11.lO.49.
1809-13 by Henry Hakewell in Tudor style, possibly incorporating some volts of
1748 school building by William Hiorn of Warwick. South cloister added circa 1814,
Headmasters School over gateway circa 1830. Hollow square plan with low north-east
angle tower over wide arched entrance, lst floor oriel bay window. South-east
tower with tall archway, central turret with canted angles, battlements, cupola
resembling that of 1748 building. 2 and 3 storeys, sash and casement windows.
South front full height projecting bays on left and right of centre. Octagonal
turrets either end of right hand bay.
New and old Quad Buildings, School House and Doctor's Wall at Rugby School form a]
group with the Chapel and War Memorial Chapel at Rugby School Dunchurch Road.
Listing NGR: SP5027974958
Other nearby listed buildings