This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.2482 / 52°14'53"N
Longitude: -1.6173 / 1°37'2"W
OS Eastings: 426223
OS Northings: 261184
OS Grid: SP262611
Mapcode National: GBR 5MN.5WJ
Mapcode Global: VHBXN.XRCC
Entry Name: Church of All Saints
Listing Date: 11 April 1967
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1035139
English Heritage Legacy ID: 308116
Location: Sherbourne, Warwick, Warwickshire, CV35
Civil Parish: Sherbourne
Traditional County: Warwickshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Warwickshire
Church of England Parish: Sherbourne All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Coventry
SHERBOURNE Church Lane
15/244 Church of All Saints
Parish church. 1862-4. Architect Sir George Gilbert Scott. Large estate
church in Early English/Decorated style. Ashlar built with plain tile roofs.
Comprising: nave, chancel, north and south aisles, north and south organ chamber
and chapel, north west tower with porch and south vestry. Cinquefoiled circular
clerestory windows. North transept in organ chamber by Oldrid Scott circa 1882
and has statues of David and two angels under canopies, carved by Brindley of
Farmer and Brindley. Tall north west tower and long thin spire with gabled
belfry and detached polygonal pinnacles rising from corner buttress. Interior:
arcades of polychrome marble. Vaulted south chapel and north organ chamber.
Pulpit stair by Skidmore of Coventry. Stained glass mostly by Clayton and Bell
and by Hardman in south chapel. Ryland tomb chest in south chapel. The church
was built by Miss Louisa Ann Ryland for £20,000. The Rylands were Birmingham
industrialists. There are some C18 headstones in the churchyard.
Listing NGR: SP2622361184
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings