This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.2651 / 52°15'54"N
Longitude: -1.587 / 1°35'13"W
OS Eastings: 428279
OS Northings: 263078
OS Grid: SP282630
Mapcode National: GBR 5MB.TVV
Mapcode Global: VHBXP.FBVC
Entry Name: The Hunting Lodge
Listing Date: 6 November 1979
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1035221
English Heritage Legacy ID: 307970
Location: Bishop's Tachbrook, Warwick, Warwickshire, CV34
Civil Parish: Bishop's Tachbrook
Civil Parish/community: Warwick
Traditional County: Warwickshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Warwickshire
Church of England Parish: Bishop's Tachbrook St Chad
Church of England Diocese: Coventry
BISHOPS TACHBROOK Castle Park
15/103 The Hunting Lodge
Large house. 1748, probably by Daniel Garrett, altered in 1898. Coursed
ashlar. In a Gothick style. Plinth. Battlemented parapets. Approximately
T-shaped in plan with three-storey gabled central cross-wing, and lower
two-storey flanking wings. South entrance in central projecting cross-wing.
Pointed headed doorway with plank door. Above pointed headed coupled lancets
in square-headed opening and above again five-light mullioned casements.
Fenestration to south elevation of the flanking wings are pointed headed
coupled lancets in square-headed openings. Fenestration to east and north
elevations are square-headed cross mullion/transom casements. All fenestration
with leaded panes. On north elevation large projecting porch with balcony
above. Stairs down to left and right and central arcade of three pointed
headed arches. Two big stone chimney stacks. Interior: late C19 oak panelling
and Renaissance style staircase.
Listing NGR: SP2927963078
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings