This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.2451 / 52°14'42"N
Longitude: -1.602 / 1°36'7"W
OS Eastings: 427269
OS Northings: 260845
OS Grid: SP272608
Mapcode National: GBR 5MP.9S7
Mapcode Global: VHBXP.5TYR
Entry Name: 8, Church Lane
Listing Date: 23 January 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1035238
English Heritage Legacy ID: 307911
Location: Barford, Warwick, Warwickshire, CV35
Civil Parish: Barford
Traditional County: Warwickshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Warwickshire
Church of England Parish: Barford St Peter
Church of England Diocese: Coventry
BARFORD Church Lane
Circa 1600 timber-framed cottage extended one bay to east in C19, one bay to
west in C20, the latter forming link to C18 barn, now part of house and garage.
Original part of house painted brick and render infill panels. Thatched roof
with gabled ends. Two storeys, four-window range. Two and three-light
casements with leaded panes and a small oriel bay window with tiled roof.
Thatched hood above old oak plank door. The C19 painted brick addition to east
is of two storeys and one bay. Thatched roof continuous with that of older
part of house. Brick modillion eaves cornice. Modern outshut with thatched
roof and seven casements with leaded panes. Three brick ridge chimney stacks
to original house and extension. Single storey modern addition to west forming
link to former barn. Adjoining house to west - C18 former barn - brick,
steeply pitched plain tile roof with gabled ends. One storey and attic.
Interior: Timber-framing exposed, chamfered ceiling beams, oak panelling,
inglenook fireplaces, old oak half-turn staircase.
Listing NGR: SP2726960845
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings