This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.2456 / 52°14'44"N
Longitude: -1.6007 / 1°36'2"W
OS Eastings: 427358
OS Northings: 260903
OS Grid: SP273609
Mapcode National: GBR 5MP.44B
Mapcode Global: VHBXP.6TMC
Entry Name: Barford Lodge
Listing Date: 26 April 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1035239
English Heritage Legacy ID: 307913
Location: Barford, Warwick, Warwickshire, CV35
Civil Parish: Barford
Built-Up Area: Barford (Warwick)
Traditional County: Warwickshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Warwickshire
Church of England Parish: Barford St Peter
Church of England Diocese: Coventry
BARFORD Church Lane
No 17 (Barford Lodge)
Lodge, formerly Longbridge Toll House on the Warwick to Stratford Turnpike.
1843 by D G Squirehill of Leamington for the Turnpike Trust. Moved in 1872 to
the present site as a lodge for Watchbury House. Brick, faced with painted
render and elaborate mock decorative pattern timber framing in early C17 West
Midlands style. Steeply pitched clay tile roof. All gables have pierced
bargeboards and moulded pendants. Single storey, F-shaped plan of which the
north gabled cross wing may be an addition of 1872. Gabled porch on east front
with roof supported by two miniature Ionic columns carried on the backs of
reclining lions. Two-light casement windows, each casement with a semicircular
head, and set in timber surrounds with pilasters and relief carving in the
spandrels. Two rendered brick chimney stacks each with two polygonal shafts.
Listing NGR: SP2735860903
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings